Monday, October 27, 2008

change of heart

Remember when Sarah Palin declared that she was a feminist? Well, not so much anymore.

In an interview on NBC Nightly News that aired yesterday, Brian Williams asked Palin: "Governor, are you a feminist?"
"I'm not gonna label myself anything, Brian," said Palin. "And I think that's what annoys a lot of Americans, especially in a political campaign, is to start trying to label different parts of America different, different backgrounds, different...I'm not going to put a label on myself."

This is one time when a political candidate's flip-flopping really doesn't bother me. Go ahead and stay label-free, Governor. Because I don't know many feminists who would label you as such. And it doesn't help that you've got McCain running his mouth off about how you're the "direct counterpoint to the liberal feminist agenda for America".

(By the way, what IS the liberal feminist agenda for America? I'm always hearing conservatives talking about the feminist agenda and the gay agenda and I feel really hurt that I wasn't invited to the Radical Meetings in which these agendas were apparently decided and sent out. At the very least someone could send me an email just letting me know what these agendas are, you know? I feel so out of the loop.)

I'm honestly really, really sick of this election. It's just been ten long months of this ugliness. Can we please just shut McCain out of the White House nice and quickly and then move on with our lives?

No comments: