Thursday, July 17, 2008

and it only costs $9.95

ladies, too broke to afford vaginal rejuvenation? well, do i have a prize for you! Liquid Virgin Drops!

http://www.shopinprivate.com/liqvirdropyo.html

i mean, really. why wouldn't you want a product that "temporarily tightens the walls of the vagina"? well, for starters, there's the fact that it would fucking hurt. the whole point of the hymen is to break it. instead we've got women paying for virgin drops and lipo for your labia. girls, has anyone ever told you that you had a fat labia? because if they did, clearly they are the one who needs to be fixed, not you.

this product just reinforces one of our culture's strongest beliefs about sex: sex is for men's pleasure, and if women have to suffer discomfort or pain to achieve this goal, then they better keep quiet about it, because it's sure to be worth it in the end. and to top it all off: the design of Liquid Virgin looks like something similar to a hello kitty product. a touch like that just takes the cake.

by the way, here are the ingredients of Virgin Drops: deonized water, aloe vera extract, glycerin, potassium alum, xanthan gum, hydropoyl methylcellulose, polysorbate 20, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, hydrolyzed collagen, sodium benzoate, DL menthol, calcium chloride, propylparaben, citric acid.

i'm not even going to pretend i know what the hell phenoxyethanol is, but i'm pretty sure i don't want it near my cunt.

but, you know. that's just me.

3 comments:

Prep said...

Actually, it's designed to give more pleasure to both partners. Products like this are marketed towards women who have had lots and lots of sex, and as a result have become a little desensitized. Loose, if you will. It doesn't make your hymen regenerate or any bull like that, the name's just an advertising technique.

Alexandra said...

I realize that it doesn't make your hymen regenerate. However, I don't think that applying some sort of paste to your vagina will increase sensitivity, even if that is what it's designed to do It sounds unpleasant at the least and painful at the most. And the name (and design, for that matter) may be just an advertising technique, but it is an advertising technique that is pretty damn creepy, imo.

Mo said...

I agree with the author. The only objects/substances I want near my vagina are tongues, fingers, penises, vibrators, lubricants, and perhaps edible underwear. But probably not that last one. Besides, Kegel exercises for women? They work. I'd rather commit myself to half an hour of vaginal crunches crunches a day than the application of a product. I trust my own regimen in lieu of a viscous fluid whose ingredients take me longer than 20 seconds to say without feeling like I'm trying to make my way through a tongue twister, thanks.