Sunday, July 13, 2008

feeling extra angry today with a fuck-you on top

I think that we've proven that both parents are important in the success of a family, so, no, I don't believe in gay adoption.
-John McCain

I certainly do not want to discuss that issue.
-John McCain on birth control

It may be a way of killin' em.
-John McCain on a report of rising U.S. cigarettes exports to the Islamic Republic

Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran.
-John McCain

Make it 100 [years in Iraq]. That would be fine with me.
-John McCain

It's not social issues I care about.
-John McCain

At least I don't plaster makeup on like a trollop, you cunt.
-John McCain, to his wife

I do not support Roe v. Wade. It should be overturned.
-John McCain

I am all in favor of pay equity for women, but this kind of legislation, as is typical of what's being proposed by my friends on the other side of the aisle, opens us up to lawsuits for all kinds of problems.
-John McCain on why he does not support the Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which would have made it possible to sue corporations for wage discrimination

I support the president's policy on sex education.
-John McCain on abstinence-only sex ed

yeah, so does someone want to tell me again how mccain's such a maverick?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that we've proven that both parents are important in the success of a family, so, no, I don't believe in gay adoption.
-John McCain

Ugh. God it ticks me off when people say things like that. Because not only is it insulting to gay people, its insulting to all single parents.

and yeah - did he REALLY call his wife a cunt? Where did you hear that? Just curious. haha

I've been reading your blog for a while :] its really good. I've only just gotten around to commenting though...sorry bout that.

Prep said...

"We're always playing on the white man's court by the white man's rules."
-Barack Obama


And that's much better?

Alexandra said...

tasty- my first reader who doesn't know me in real life! i'm very escited. and yeah, he called his wife a cunt in front of two reporters from arizona a few years ago.

prep- my dear, you and i will never agree on this. but yeah, although i think obama has said some pretty upsetting stuff, that particular quote has some truth to it. although he put it in a very poor way, i believe he was trying to speak to the white supremacy and patriarchy that i believe is very present in our society.