Saturday, July 5, 2008

beatnik hour at my place

so, i've been pretty much unable to come up with something to blog about. the past two weeks have been...harrowing, to say the least. a summary: people suck, except for the ones that don't. instead of racking my brain for something even slightly intelligent to say, i'm just going to post what i have been creating for the past two weeks: some poetry. oh yes, it is shitty angsty teen poetry time, kidlets. i have written more poems in the past two weeks that i have in my entire life. here, have a few:

a fairy tale

i don't know why, but i do dream of you
well tell me darling, are you seeing me too?
and though i know that this is now thro'
doesn't hi and goodbye just sound so cruel?

well i think and i dream and i wake
i must confess, you're in every breath i take
and you know that my heart is yours to break

tick tock cinderella my clock's counting down
my glass shoes are shattered, i can't find my crown
outside of my dreams you're nowhere to be found
i'd keep on crying but i fear that i'll drown
and i'd call out your name but i can't make a sound

well i'd wait for you forever but i know you'll never come
so i sat down and i remembered-
this is where i started from


corporeal

kaleidoscopic mind with
streaks and waves moving
like traffic lights

learn to see the
color of hope
feel the texture of
despair like
sandpaper
scratching against the skull

sharks in the brain
eating memories like candy
taking away sacred parts
losing puzzle pieces
needing to feel that fit

fireworks behind eyelids
maps on fingerprints
the body is a translation
of texts from long ago

lullaby

if if if
tattooed on my skin
the only map i can draw for you
use me as your canvas
tap out your morse code
the rhythm like a pulse

untitled fragment

i feel
like my insides
are made of icy
stars


sum of her parts

i dream of angels with iron wings
a god with jaws of steel
who bites this world in two
and spits out the mountains like cherry pits

a devil next door with a face of plaster
black roots pulling the house to the ground
evil in a word, a breath, a drop of blood
that rips you from inside out

i dream of blood secrets, a whispering moon
my skin a scroll my eyes a prophet
my bruises a promise my scars a song

No comments: